Ice Fishing Contest
Sunday January 15th, 2023
MacIntosh Woods State Park
1200 E Lake St, Ventura, IA 50482
Registration at 7:30 a.m., Shotgun start at 9:00 a.m.
$125 Team Registration: Includes fishing contest registration, Meal for Saturday Kickoff, entry for big fish
$20 Extra Meal Ticket (Saturday night): Bring someone outside of your team to Saturday night
$45 Hoodie: Sizes range from adult small – 4XL (Picture below)
$30 Carhartt Beanie: One Size fits all (Picture below)
$30 Ladie's Beanie: One size fits all (Picture below)
Room block available at the Fairfield Marriott for $129 plus taxes
Call 641-216-0116 or Online!
We also have a pre-event raffle for a Garmin Livescope Plus Lithium Ice Fishing Bundle get your chances HERE!
Top Teams Qualify for prizes!
Saturday Night Kickoff party at Fairfield by Marriott - Clear Lake Iowa Event Center 5:30 PM
Food provided for all anglers that have registered a team! Silent auction, games and raffles to be held! Door prizes to be given away!
Frozen Feathers Official Rules
1. Tournament is scheduled for January 16th, 2022 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Clear Lake on Little Lake near MacIntosh State Woods Park.
2. 80% of the entry fee to be paid out in prizes. (Number depends on teams entered and is subject to change without notice.) Only 75 teams available to enter.
3. Contestants are allowed to use ATV, UTV or snowmobiles to move around the ice. It is the responsibility that you have your vehicle registered properly as DNR will be inspecting those on the ice.
4. Participants may fish with or without a portable fish house. No hard side wheeled houses/enclosed trailers. No Pre tournament set up. All contestants must be at MacIntosh State Park with equipment and ready for take-off. No Wheel Houses – No Sleeper Shacks NO SLEEPING ON THE ICE THE NIGHT OF THE 15TH!
5. Fish must be kept in five-gallon bucket or similar container with water and without ice. No frozen fish!
6. Contestants may not fish or perform fishing activities closer than 20ft from another team, spectators included. Must fish within 50ft of partner. Tournament Directors and judges excluded from the rule.
7. Auger covers on blades are required while augers are being transported.
8. Fishing boundaries are on Little Lake. MacIntosh State Woods Park will be main launch point.
9. Participants may drill as many holes as they wish. However, any open hole may be fished by any competitor if they maintain the 20ft rule. Hole Blocking is not allowed: Leaving a portable or other equipment next to a hole does not stop another fisherman using that hole if you are over 20ft away.
10. State fishing laws must be observed at all times. NO ALCOHOL/DRUGS ALLOWED!
11. All fish brought to the weigh-in must be caught on the day of the tournament, during tournament hours.
12. All persons must travel and fish within the designated tournament boundary area.
13. All pre-fishing must be complete by 3pm Jan. 15th.
14. There will be mandatory fish house and equipment inspections before persons can proceed onto the ice. This will take place at MacIntosh State Park.
15. Contestants must return to the official tournament weigh line by 1-pm with all fish sorted and ready to be weighed. Your big fish (White Bass) must be marked and ready to weigh. A penalty of .5 pound per 1 minute with a 5 min. maximum will be charged for being late across the time line. After 5 minutes the person is disqualified.
16. Designated species are: Yellow Bass, Bluegill, Perch, Crappie. If a team is over their total number of fish at the scale, they will be penalized in the following manner: The biggest fish they register at weigh-in will be the fish that is culled from their total bag number. Example: A team comes to scale with 21 fish, when the total bag limit is only 20 fish. Individual may have 21 fish if the 21st fish is a White bass that will be weighed separately for the largest white bass. However, if they come with 21 fish and no white bass then they will be penalized. That team will also be deducted the weight of their big fish from the total weight. Example: The big fish weighed .75lbs. The bag limit weight after the corrected number of fish was 20.75. Official weight is 20.00lbs.
If a someone witnesses a violation of these rules, it is the obligation of that person to notify an official immediately. If a violation is report after the fact (up to one hour after the 1pm stop fishing time), the team filling the grievance must do so in writing.
To preserve the integrity of the field the Tournament Directors reserve the right to disqualify a team for any rule infractions. He/She may also adjust the tournament boundaries if the ice conditions become an issue.
Contact Info: Blake LeClair 641-530-9836 Call 911 for Emergency